How to relieve the headache in pregnancy
Suffer from headaches during pregnancy is the most common disease, particularly among those women prone to suffer from migraine or headache. Especially during the first few months of pregnancy, women suffer a number of hormonal changes in the circulatory and digestive systems that favor the emergence of pain in both sides of the head. These pain usually do not occur in all pregnant women, however, if positive, one should treat them with natural methods, since most drugs is restricted. Continue reading this umComo article and discover how to relieve the headache in pregnancy .
- The increase in headache during pregnancy can be due to many causes, including hormonal changes, lack of sleep, general fatigue, stress, and even dehydration and starvation. Although this disease usually occurs in the early months of pregnancy, many women continue to suffer its effects until the baby is born. Each case is unique and depending on the other symptoms the reasons for the pain can be different.
- There are different types of headaches that are classified according to the intensity and the affected area. Among all, the most common are migraine or headache, and tension headache . Women with a tendency to suffer from any of them have great possibilities of pain is more intense during pregnancy. The migraine or headache is characterized by producing frequent episodes of intense pain in one part or in whole head and can be accompanied by nausea and difficulty tolerating light and noise. The tension headache, in turn, occurs on both sides of the head or neck and is usually lighter than the previous one.
- If you suffer from tension headache in pregnancy can relieve it with paracetamol , the only medication prescribed for this purpose that can be swallowed. You should consult your doctor about the recommended amount of paracetamol before eating it. If you suffer from migraines or headaches, this medicine hardly reduce the pain.Photo: divany.hu
- As food and water shortages are two of the most common causes of headache in pregnancy should be observed first. During the period of pregnancy, it is recommended drink four to five daily meals in order to avoid lack of sugar, feeling of hunger, and thus the headache. In addition, one should avoid a number of foods which can produce discomfort. See our article on foods that should be avoided during pregnancy . Remember that hydration is critical not only to relieve the headaches, but also to keep in good condition their health and that of your baby, the most recommended drinking 2-3 liters and a half .
- A very effective home remedy to relieve headaches in pregnancy is the use of cold compresses or cloths . To apply them, moisten the swab or cloth in cold water and place over the area of the head that is aching. Another option is to combine them with warm compresses, leaving them for 10 minutes and then applying cold. Moreover, cold water baths also generally be very effective, especially in cases of migraine or headache. Let the cold water fall abundantly on his head and watch as the pain decreases. Do not use dryer to dry your hair then because the pain will return.
- If pain persists despite the use of the above drugs, the best way to relieve it is resting in a room completely dark and without any noise . Doctors recommend lie down on the left side, to promote blood circulation.
- Exercise constantly reduces the number of episodes of headaches. During pregnancy, avoid them completely is very complicated but we can reduce them. Especially when the cause of pain is stress, beyond the changes brought about by pregnancy, physical activity is highly beneficial to combat it and thus relieve the headache. See our article on how to exercise during pregnancy .
- Finally, there is the use of massage to relieve headaches in pregnancy. Especially if you suffer from tension headache, massaging the points where the pain is concentrated and gently press on them can reduce it considerably. Also, you can gently massage your head while washing the hair with cold water. If after following all these advice, the pain still intense and frequent, do not hesitate to consult your doctor to be examined and receive the most appropriate prescription.Photo: aquamed.com